I recommend you do not purchase goods from the following store :
Comet (Parent company - Kesa electricals)
The sequence of events that I experienced were:
- A Sanyo HDD/DVD Recorder was purchased on the 20th December 2005 for £229.
- It had an intermittent fault causing the machine to freeze and unuseable as a player once warm.
- It was returned to Comet on the 18th January who ONLY offered a repair.
- They took 25 days to supposedly repair it and the job card shows a repair cost of £374.50
- I collected the machine on the 16th February
- I returnd to Comet on the 17th February at 10am since the machine still had the original fault.
- The manager refused to give me my money back.
- As of today I still have in my possession an unuseable Sanyo HDD/DVD recorder.
Shop at Comet and cross your fingers your purchase works